Did you identify problems in your plumbing, but do not know how to solve? Need some tips to solve plumbing problems? Discover some steps to address noise, low blood pressure, slow drains or excessive use of water.
HIGH WATER BILL
- Drops: may sound silly, but dripping waste a lot of water. Look for noises and dripping faucets that do not close as they should. Several drops during a day make the water bill go up significantly.
- Leaks: look under the sinks, baseboards and fitting of pipes. Some small leaks can cause the water consumption increase.
- Listen to discharge: see if the device is not activated for longer than you should, or if it keeps making noise even if no one has triggered discharge. If you box attached, leaks can cause the water inlet valve to the housing to actuate from time to time, since the accumulated water it is no use without escaping. Open and fully close the valve to determine if there are problems in the records. Maybe even closed them to continue allowing the passage of water.
- See the hydrometer: at the entrance of homes, businesses or buildings with the consumption of water for individual consumption meters that mark the amount of water used. Close all taps and house records, to make sure nothing is using water and note the number displayed on the meter. After an hour or two without using water see if that number went up alone. If there is any change, it is likely that there is leakage.
- Check drains: some common problems in drains, sinks and bathtubs are slow in time to get down to the water; frequent water return; humid areas near walls containing drains, unusual sounds when water is drained.
- Problem extension: if the problem is isolated, it is probably a bad connection between the pipe and the main drain. Can be a siphon or pipe partially clogged.
- Where the water goes: observe where the water is drained. Usually they go through connections, bind the pipes collection and reach sewage system. In case of problems, pour hot water in the drains that do not work properly. Hot water can unclog the pipes, dissolving substances. If necessary use cleaning products. The market for products capable of dissolving hair, soap remains, grease and other clogging reasons.
- Examine carefully and periodically drain systems. Both the input (clean water), and the outputs (Out of water).
- Stay tuned location records, to in an emergency shut them and avoid problems.
- Insulate pipes of hot or cold water can avoid unnecessary expenses and reduce bills.
- In the old days people used iron pipes in buildings. Today was adopted by standard plastic tubes. It is important to replace old pipes to prevent the material to degrade and contaminate the water.
- Read the labels of the chemicals used to prevent them from clogging the pipes.
- Just do concerts if science activity. Otherwise call a professional.